Friday, February 21, 2020

Christian Leadership in Africa

One of my last MA assignments was to establish what Christian leadership was in Africa. This was harder than I thought. I turned to Christian leadership curriculae, and sorted subjects by order of priority. The subjects which dominated the curriculae were knowledge of the Word, interpretation of the Word, and communication of the Word. Leadership principles and leadership character, which are prioritised in the West, were at the very bottom of the list. OBSERVATION: Why? It would seem to me that the Word itself is viewed as guaranteeing effective leadership (respectively, followership), and in theological terms, I would think that the doctrine of the means of grace lies behind this, combined with a belief in an interventionist God.

No comments: